Cranberry Lady Peas
A Recipe for 6-9 Months
Posted by Leslie Johnson
Delicious blend of sweet-tart cranberries with the mild flavor of lady peas.
1 lb. frozen lady peas (my mom buys them fresh and then blanches and freezes them herself)
Water for boiling
Breast milk, formula or water from boiling
1 can cranberry sauce
Italian seasoning to taste (optional)
1. In a large pot, place lady peas and just enough water to cover. Bring to boil and cook until peas are tender (about 45 mins - 1 hour)
2. Drain peas and set aside to cool.
3. Place cooled peas and can of cranberry sauce in blender and blend until combined. Add milk, formula or water from boiling and blend until smooth and the consistency you want.
* You may want to run mixture through a strainer to strain out any of the skins from the peas that didn't break up enough during the blending process.
4. Divide into containers of choice and refrigerate or freeze.
To complete this recipe you will need:Blender